25 October 2007

A NEW PROJECT
[AND A LITTLE HELP PLEASE]

Well, dear reader, I am here, with proverbial hat in hand, to beg your assistance. I have this new project [click image below] and need some suggestions for short poems to use within it. I would especially like short poems with five letter titles, or prominently featuring a five letter word, though this may need to go by the wayside.

Thus I introduce to you "In the Vicinity of Five." It is the first in a volume of automatic writing projects to come, perhaps including the umbers six, seven, eight, or nine, along with, my favorite, thirteen.

So if you could kindly add your suggestions via the friendly comments feature below, I would be forever in your debt.


 

4 Comments:

Blogger Gryphon said...

When I used the auto-type feature to have it write Adam Scriveyn, the last work that came up was "ended." That was cool.

A poem for you (5 characters in the title), by Wendy Cope, since she's on my desk:

At 3 a.m.

the room contains no sound
except the ticking of the clock
which has begun to panic
like an insect, trapped
in an enormous box.

Books lie open on the carpet.

Somewhere else
you're sleeping
and beside you there's a woman
who is crying quietly
so you won't wake.

10/25/2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger Gryphon said...

Like another, cheerier one?

Emily Dickinson

Higgledy-piggledy
Emily Dickinson
Liked to use dashes
Instead of full stops.

Nowadays, faced with such
Idiosyncracy,
Critics and editors
send for the cops.

10/25/2007 11:10 AM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

I will throw in another Wendy Cope poem. It is the story of my life.

Valentine

My heart has made its mind up
And I'm afraid it's you.
Whatever you've got lined up,
My heart has made its mind up
And if you can't be signed up
This year, next year will do.
My heart has made its mind up
And I'm afraid it's you.

10/25/2007 6:43 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

oooh, how cool. I defer to the poetry people, and await my role as audience/reader.

10/29/2007 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home