27 May 2008

I DIG

For the past week the wife and I have been performing heroic transformations upon both the front and back gardens at the ole familial manse. Normally, as you may know dear reader, this is not the kind of activity I would involve myself in, as I fear bugs, grass, dirt, being sticky, being dirty, and touching things in general. But, as this will soon be the Aquababy's home it seems important to make it special for her.

This is the part of the post where I was intending to detail the aforementioned transformations, but seeing that I am once again exhausted from an afternoon of ripping up sod to produce serpentine tulip beds, and I feel the inescapable grip of sleep surrounding me, I shall leave you with this image of the Swiss Chard** that was planted in the vegetable garden.



**I hope you are as impressed as I was by the fact that Swiss Chard has remarkably multicolored roots.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home