30 May 2006

POINT A TO POINT B

Today I spent many hours sitting in a smallish blue car that was produced by a large American automobile company.

Today I traveled across the parts that one seldoms wants to see of several different states.

Today I saw more distinct approaches to urinal design than any person could reasonably expect to encounter in a single day.

Today the wife read The Yellow Wallpaper to me while we sped across repetitive miles of highway.

Today I ate a meal in a restaurant perched precariously between the northbound and southbound traffic.

Today I crossed a state line four inches before the wife did because I remembered to extend my arm to the front of the dashboard.

Today I thought of many pointless things because the person in the passenger seat took a nap during the majority of the middle state.

Today, I must say, was a rather good day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

Today you arrived and ate a burro!

5/31/2006 2:10 AM  
Blogger Thomas Knauer said...

Today I ate a burro that was larger than the baby at the table across the way, indeed.

Today I accidentally talked about poetry with the wife until two-thirty in the morning on your sofa-sleeper. Hooray for your sofa sleeper.

[Although today is now yesterday, I still call it today.]

5/31/2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger Poking-Stick Man said...

You ate a donkey? If so, I'm not surprised to hear that it was larger than the baby at the table across the way; most burros -- even baby burros -- generally are.

5/31/2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

you two are cracking me up with your modern day two-cans-and-a-string thing. perfectly charming, your delight.

6/01/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Thomas Knauer said...

Alas, PSM, the menu described my meal as such, but, since it promised itself as a "vegetarian burro" I believe I am okay.

As far as scale, I generally thought donkeys to be larger than the meal I ate, but what do I know.

And ttractor -- I am still hoping to set up a can and string network across great stretches of the nation, so keep one of those soup cans handy.

6/01/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

I am keeping my soup cans in my tree house with the "no boys allowed except 4"OE" sign on it.

6/06/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Thomas Knauer said...

Huzzah!!! Though, since I am not a man, am I really a boy???

6/06/2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

that could be the answer to the question! I could be a boy too!?

6/06/2006 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home