14 July 2008

TWENTY-FOUR WIRES, TWENTY-ONE BERRIES
AND A LARGE GREEN SOFA

I am sorry, dear reader, that I have not been posting as of late; we -- that is the wife and I -- have been overtaken by a great flurry of pre-Aquababy-arrival nesting [painting, furnishing, rearranging, sub-contracting, etc.]. Thus I shall quickly present a few of the highlights and return to the redeployment of household components.







[N.B.: Berries are from the new blueberry patch in the back yard; the sofa is now in our living room.]

 

3 Comments:

Blogger Poking-Stick Man said...

You look like you were finding the EEG to be a most relaxing experience. But WHAT is the deal with the severed human head in a jar behind you?

7/15/2008 1:02 AM  
Blogger Thomas Knauer said...

I believe it is Luanne's practice cosmetology head, the on Bobby stole to experiment with kissing, from King of the Hill.

Otherwise the EEG was not so bad, except that the tech -- like some many before -- found it inexplicably necessary to suggest that my mystery illness is merely a sympathetic response to the wife's pregnancy. So not helpful.

7/15/2008 7:01 AM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

And yet, I'll say again what I told you long ago: I've known lots of husbands who've developed weird physical conditions or symptoms while their wives have been pregnant. This has almost never meant that they're *not real* conditions--in many cases, they've been really serious things. But the temporal coincidence makes me wonder whether husbands' bodies do weird things in response to pregnant wives' bodies. Stranger things have happened: there are apparently some tests that women aren't allowed to perform on pregnant women, because their cells can somehow screw up the test results. That's freaky, too.

The real answer, I suppose, will come if your symptoms all go away after the baby arrives.

7/20/2008 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home