25 February 2006

OH THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL

image of the blizzard raging ourstide my window

So… I just returned from a conference [College Arts Association] in Boston and for the first time since leaving my teaching job at Drake University in Iowa I am staying by myself in my wife’s and my apartment in Clinton. [We’ll get into the back-story eventually] But more to the point, the wife is presenting a paper at a conference in Miami. I am stuck here in what is still a strange apartment with a freaking blizzard going its merry way outside [see above picture taken from our front door five minutes ago] with no milk for my coffee and I can’t even go out to get any or for a DVD to entertain myself since I am tired of the Olympics [though Smackdown is on tonight, I think… oops it isn't. Today is Saturday not Friday. Well... double crap then.] and the wife is gallivanting with a friend from Cornell in Miami Beach.

[Hi Z…]

Yes… I am whiny, but I’ll stop now.

I did find this when I went to CNN.com. I couldn’t even muster any interest in finding abd/or watching any of these reports; I still just remain amazed at what happens on the web sometimes. This must be one of the most beautifully bizarre synchronicities I have run into in quite a while. Also, where to these journalists learn to write headlines? I am seriously asking this question….

Well… perhaps I will go prance about for a while and pretend I am in the tropics [or sub-tropics or whatever]. Or should I mince???

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

I tell you, I'm glad that wasn't my microwave.

2/26/2006 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Fat Tuesday"?...........

4/05/2007 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home